I stitched up the tops for both before the QAL ended in April 2016. I had the Baby B completely done in April.
16" x 16"
It took me a lot longer to get the larger one quilted, but I finished it in February 2017. I tried several quilting patterns but didn't get the look I wanted (so there was a lot of 'unsewing' involved). I finally got it quilted, bound and hanging sleeve attached. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out!
36" x 36"
Here's a close up of the quilting:
Turns out I didn't win anything in the Elm Street Quilts QAL, but I did get two great quilts out of the experience! And I found that bargello quilts are not really as hard as I had thought.
This is the first UFO I've finished this year. Judy at Patchwork Times has a UFO challenge on her blog: make a list of 12 UFOs (unfinished quilts), and each month she picks a number, and we work on that number each month. This quilt technically was not either number she's chosen this year, but since I had this one and another larger quilt pin-basted, I needed to get one of these two done to free up pins for other projects. And I figure as long as I'm working on SOMETHING, that's a good thing! After all, I hear it takes a long time to finish a quilt you're not working on.
Now it's time to get the pins out of the other quilt. For the record, I did start quilting that one in January. So this is where I will be today: