Monday, July 14, 2014

Verna's Verna Quilt


When the Verna line by Kate Spain for Moda line came out in 2009, it was the turning point of my fabric buying.  Up until that point, I would only purchase fabric for a particular project I had in mind.  When this line came out, I think I bought as much of it as I could--besides being beautiful fabric, it had an awesome name!  It was the first of many beautiful fabric lines designed by Kate Spain; I love them all, so of course I had to buy them all!  I guess that's when I became a 'real' quilter.  I now have a huge, out-of-control stash and am always on the lookout for more.  Which I feel I can justify since I'm sewing more, right???

Here's my first Verna quilt--I call it 'Verna's Verna Quilt'.  It measures 42" x 42".


I finished this in 2010 and it is one of my favorites.  

The pattern is also by Kate Spain and includes a pattern for a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment