Sunday, July 13, 2014

Nature's Notebook

I bought the fabric for this quilt about five years ago (Nature's Notebook by April Cornell for Moda), and I see I downloaded the pattern in early 2008 (1 Charm Plus--looks like I got it from the Moda site, but I don't see it there now).  I used the charm pack to make what I guess you'd call a 'six patch' in the center, added two borders, and then it sat in my closet.  I didn't really feel it was quite finished (or large enough).  



Over the next few years I picked up a few pieces of fabric from the line  and tucked them away for that day when I was ready to tackle this project.  That day finally came this past spring!  At that point I was more interested in getting this done rather than finding the 'perfect' finish.  I just added the plain outer border, layered it and did my own quilting.  I started with simple outlining in the center, but as I went along I became more adventurous with spirals in the corner blocks and swirls on the rest.  It's not perfect by any means, but it is much improved over some of my earlier work.

It measures 43" square.  A hanging sleeve was added and it now hangs on the wall of my bedroom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment